Ukraine may tender another two gas fields for development
Slobozhanske and Foroske gas fields may be tendered for development.
Ecology and Natural Resources Minister Oleh Proskuriakov has said about this in an interview to Kommersant Ukraine.
“Perhaps, in the future, Slobozhanske and Foroske fields will be tendered. However, it should be remembered that there are no many large international players, ready to invest in development of mineral resources. And as concerns those, who have already come to us, it is the main thing now to complete the signing of agreements with them. Since we have tendered the Foroske gas field, but there were no those wishing to develop it. We have filled the market with our offers,” he said.
Proskuriakov expressed conviction that if the developed Yuzivske, Oleske and Skifske fields give the forecasted stocks, Ukraine could boost gas output by 30 billion cu m and refuse from its imports.
Adapted from ukrinform
More on the topic
- 29.11.2013 Ukraine will sign gas contract with Slovakia next week – Stavytsky
- 14.11.2013 Ukraine triples gas supplies from Europe
- 06.11.2013 Ukraine will sign agreement on Skifska field development in November - Stavytsky
- 06.11.2013 Ukraine, Chevron sign hydrocarbon sharing agreement
- 05.11.2013 Ukraine, Croatia to sign memorandum on Adriatic Gas Corridor Nov. 5
- 04.11.2013 Ukraine plans to sign PSA with Eni and EDF on Black Sea shelf by 2014
- 30.10.2013 Ukraine reopens gas imports via Poland
- 28.10.2013 Ukraine to get gas along Adriatic corridor via Croatia, Hungary
- 17.10.2013 Ukraine hopes to get five billion cubic meters of shale gas in next five years
- 04.10.2013 Ukraine invites Japan to participate in construction of LNG terminal
- 03.10.2013 Government plans to sign agreement with ExxonMobil in October
- 01.10.2013 Ukraine further cuts Russian gas consumption