Ukraine comes out with a package of initiatives on cruise tourism, single brand, and municipal assembly of the Black Sea at PABSEC General Assembly
During the 41st PABSEC General Assembly at the end of last week in Sophia Ukraine came out with a number of initiatives, aimed at the cruise tourism development, “Black Sea” brand promotion by efforts of all countries of the region, and development of collaboration between coastal municipalities.
Elena Netetskaya, member of the Ukrainian Parliament and the Head of the Ukrainian delegation at PABSEC, proposed the following:
To introduce uniformed rules for passenger navigation at the Black Sea and to simplify border procedures for cruise vessels and tourists, sailing at them;
To promote, by joint efforts of BSEC countries, the Black Sea as the tourism macro-region at the global market and to adopt a coordinated tourism strategy up to 2025; and
To establish a Municipal Forum and then, probably, a Municipal Assembly of Black Sea cities.
“Cruise tourism is the most uniting type of tourism for all countries of the Black Sea. Five cruise ports out of six, working in Ukraine, are located in the Crimea. The Crimea may become one of the sites for implementation of the international project on cruise tourism development”, – Elena Netetskaya believes.
“It is high time for our municipalities to jointly take care about the Black Sea, to develop tourism, to share the experience on filling in of municipal and resolution of similar problems – waste processing, resort ecology, unauthorized construction, etc. And we, as members of the PABSEC parliaments, will promote this interaction”, – Elena Netetskaya has stated.
According to her, these initiatives may be launched at the IV International Black Sea Economic Forum, which will be traditionally hosted by the Crimea in autumn.
The 41st PABSEC General Assembly took place in Sophia on July 9 to 11, 2013.
More on the topic
- 17.12.2013 The 42nd PABSEC General Assembly, Tbilisi, 17-19 December 2013
- 26.06.2013 New BSTDB Facility to Support Small Business Development in Azerbaijan
- 24.06.2013 The Forty-First PABSEC General Assembly in Sofia
- 24.06.2013 Ukraine passes BSEC presidency to Armenia
- 21.06.2013 28th Meeting Of The BSEC Council Of Ministers Of Foreign Affairs - Odessa, 21 June 2013
- 07.03.2013 The 2nd International Black Sea Tourism Forum and the Meeting of the BSEC Working Group on Cooperation in Tourism (Yalta, Ukraine, 27-28 February 2013)