Unprofitable Imeretin Port of Sochi to be reconstructed into a yacht marina after the Olympics
Such information has been announced by the Deputy CEO of “Basic Element” Andrey Elinson.
According to him, the Company is going to commence the design works right now.
There has been earlier information from the Chairman of the “Basic Element” Supervisory Board Oleg Deripaska that the costs of the currently unprofitable LLC “Imeretin Port of Sochi” could be repaid, if the port is re-profiled into a marina and a satellite tourism area is developed.
The port is located at the mouth of Mzymta River with the transshipment capacity up to 5 million tons of cargoes a year to provide Sochi Olympics objects with construction materials.
English translation by BSN
More on the topic
- 15.01.2014 Throughput of Russian seaports up 3.9% to 589 mln t in 2013
- 17.12.2013 Tuapse Export Terminal's property put up for auction again
- 26.11.2013 RF government decree approves changing of Taman port boundaries
- 25.11.2013 Throughput of Tamanneftegaz terminal to double by 2015
- 13.11.2013 BOD of NCSP adjusted the company’s development concept till 2018
- 08.11.2013 NCSP posts RUB 1.75 bln of net loss in Jan-Oct’13
- 25.10.2013 Throughput of Taganrog Commercial Seaport down 15% to 994,000 t in Jan-Sep’13
- 17.10.2013 NCSP Group turnover in 9 months of 2013 amounted to 106.5 mln tonnes
- 04.10.2013 Customs office opens in port Taman
- 26.09.2013 Project of OTECO-Portservice terminal in Taman to apply for state environmental approval in 2014
- 23.09.2013 State Expertise approval of Taman port’s dry cargo district expected in mid October’13
- 17.09.2013 Throughput of NCSP Group down 12.3% to 94.6 mln t in Jan-Aug’13