UASC debuts new Sub-Continent-Turkey service
17 June saw the arrival of the Al Farahidi ship belonging to United Arab Shipping Company (UASC) in its first visit to the port of Aden, to launch a new service which links the ports of India and Pakistan with Turkish ports passing through ports in the Arabian Gulf and the Red Sea.
Officials at the port said that UASC will operate weekly services to Aden Container Terminal coming from Turkish ports after passing the port of Yanbu and Jeddah in Saudi Arabia on the way to the east, which in turn will increase competition in providing the fastest services for goods coming from Turkey and Europe.
Ship Type: Container ship. Year Built: 1998. Length x Breadth: 278 m X 32 m. Gross Tonnage: 48154, DeadWeight: 50004 t. Speed recorded (Max / Average): 18 / 18 knots. Flag: Saudi Arabia [SA]. Call Sign: HZCR. IMO: 9149756, MMSI: 403507001
More on the topic
- 24.12.2013 Ukraine's Yuzhny port welcomes first 300-m-long box ship ever / Photo
- 28.10.2013 Rating of container lines of Georgia 9 months 2013
- 28.10.2013 Rating of container lines of Romania 9 months 2013
- 28.10.2013 Rating of container lines of Russia 9 months 2013
- 15.10.2013 Container throughput of Ukrainian seaports up 8.1% to 578,190 TEUs Jan-Sep’13
- 25.09.2013 FESCO opens new regular container service from N. America to Novorossiysk and Sochi
- 09.08.2013 New container line between Asia and Europe to start operations
- 19.07.2013 Cargo transportation by water transport of Ukraine down 31.9% to 2.2 mln t in HI’13
- 09.07.2013 “Ukrzaliznytsya” introduced new container transportation route