“Chornomornaftogaz” pumped in one third of gas, required by the Crimea in winter
Starting from April, the State joint-stock company “Chornomornaftogaz” has pumped in more than 120 million cubic meters of natural gas to the Glibovske underground storage facility. These works are carried out in the framework of preparation for the autumn and winter seasons of 2013-2014.
In 2013 “Chornomornaftogaz” expects to bring the active volume of the natural gas at the Glibovske storage facility to more than million cubic meters.
Based on the results of 5 months of 2013, the growth of the natural gas production at the Black Sea shelf has amounted to 35.5 % against the similar period of 2012. The development of the Odessa gas deposit in the Black Sea is still in progress.
More than 1 billion cubic meters of gas were supplied to consumers from the Crimean gas-transport system over 5 months of the 2012-2013 heating season. The volume of natural gas, produced by “Chornomornaftogaz”, amounted to 82% of this 1 billion.
In 2013 “Chornomornaftogaz” intends to raise gas production by 40-57 % - up to 1.65-1.85 billion cubic meters, to ensure the supply of its own gas to the Crimean consumers by 82-100%.
English translation by BSN
More on the topic
- 29.11.2013 Ukraine will sign gas contract with Slovakia next week – Stavytsky
- 14.11.2013 Ukraine triples gas supplies from Europe
- 06.11.2013 Ukraine will sign agreement on Skifska field development in November - Stavytsky
- 06.11.2013 Ukraine, Chevron sign hydrocarbon sharing agreement
- 05.11.2013 Ukraine, Croatia to sign memorandum on Adriatic Gas Corridor Nov. 5
- 04.11.2013 Ukraine plans to sign PSA with Eni and EDF on Black Sea shelf by 2014
- 30.10.2013 Ukraine reopens gas imports via Poland
- 28.10.2013 Ukraine to get gas along Adriatic corridor via Croatia, Hungary
- 17.10.2013 Ukraine hopes to get five billion cubic meters of shale gas in next five years
- 04.10.2013 Ukraine invites Japan to participate in construction of LNG terminal
- 03.10.2013 Government plans to sign agreement with ExxonMobil in October
- 01.10.2013 Ukraine further cuts Russian gas consumption