Tourists booked almost entire Crimea for New Year
The closer Christmas and New Year holidays, the more tourists book hotel rooms and apartments for New Year celebrations.
According to the AR Crimea Minister of Resorts and Tourism Alexander Liev, the most interest to Christmas holidays in Crimea has been shown by residents of St. Petersburg, Moscow, Kiev, Dnipropetrovsk, Kharkov and Crimea. Average price of rest is 1000-1500 UAH per person per day. Hotels and resorts of Crimea’s Southern coast are most demanded for vacation during the Christmas holidays.
As of now, 53% of places have been booked in Greater Yalta hotels, 43% in Eupatoria, in Sudak and Theodosia - 40% of places in operating health resorts, hotels and sanatoria.
Also, the Resort Information centre has noted that the number of on-line bookings has increased. Specifically, compared to last year, it is up by 16%, while the largest tour operators have noted 10% decline for similar services in their sale networks.
English translation by BSN
More on the topic
- 16.01.2013 Almost 100 ths tourists spent Christmas holidays in Crimea
- 08.01.2013 Almost 100,000 Romanians spent EUR 18 mln on New Year’s Eve
- 02.01.2013 Thousands celebrated New Year on city square in Sofia
- 28.12.2012 Value of Christmas trees confiscated in Romania exceeded 240 thousand euro
- 26.12.2012 60,000 Romanians choose local destinations for Christmas
- 25.12.2012 76 % of Bulgarians meet New Year at home
- 25.12.2012 Bulgarian Christmas charity campaign collects EUR 180 000
- 25.12.2012 New Year retro exhibitions opened in Krasnodar and Anapa
- 25.12.2012 Bucharest public transport to follow Sunday schedules over Xmas
- 20.12.2012 Moldovan government announces December 25 and 31 as days off
- 19.12.2012 Sofia's Earth and Man Museum displays minerals and gems for Christmas
- 17.12.2012 Exhibition of Christmas trees will be held in Tbilisi as part of the New Year festival