250- million USD project failed in Poti
A 250 million USD project of a metallurgical plant has failed in Poti.
"Commersant" radio station reports that the Ministry of Economy and Turkish investors could not agree on terms.
As a representative of the Turkish side explains, the Economy Ministry did not agree to the terms of the investor and the Economy Minister’s conditions do not meet the interest of the investor. Accordingly, it can be said that the project would not be implemented.
Note: After the change of government, a metallurgical plant in Poti was named one of the first large-scale investment projects. The Turkish side asks additional benefits from the government to implement the project, while the Ministry of Economy states that the issue is not easy to decide.
More on the topic
- 26.09.2013 Spanish investors interested in the hotel and gaming business in Georgia
- 25.09.2013 A new Industrial zone in Adjara failed to interest investors
- 10.09.2013 H1 FDI Down 4.2% to USD 458.6 mln – Preliminary Data
- 16.08.2013 Geostat: 2012 FDI USD 912 mln
- 19.07.2013 EBRD to invest $200 million in Georgia
- 27.06.2013 Georgian Government lets Kobuleti pier on lease
- 17.01.2013 Hungary to invest in Georgian agriculture
- 09.11.2012 International Chamber of Commerce forecasts the decline of investments into Georgia
- 13.09.2012 Energy sector has the largest share of foreign investment in Georgia