Turkish security forces kill a leader of the PKK
One of the leaders of the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) was killed in Turkey.
During the anti-terrorist operation in the province of Mardin security forces killed Mehmet Shirin Chebe, who had barricaded himself in a house and provided armed resistance.
No casualties among security forces occured, reports 1news.az.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 11.03.2013 PKK to free a dozen Turkish soldiers
- 31.01.2013 PKK militants to leave Turkey in late March
- 09.11.2012 Turkey' s anti-PKK ground operation into Northern Iraq
- 29.10.2012 Kurdish militants attack police station in Turkey
- 08.10.2012 Blast breaks Iranian-Turkish gas pipeline
- 25.09.2012 Turkey to extend mandate for cross-border operations against PKK