Workshop of member-states of Organization of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation took place in Anapa
Workshop of member-states of Organization of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation (BSEC) took place in Anapa from 17 to 21 September. The main subject of the workshop was emergency response within the Organization of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation and rendering help to the people in case of emergency situations.
The workshop was attended by heads of emergency services’ departments of Russia, Belorussia, Azerbaijan, Romania and Turkey.
In circumstances of industrial development and urbanization of territories in the Black Sea region the activity of BSEC becomes not only important, but necessary. Emergency situations, such as summer fires in Serbia and Greece or floods in Krasnodar Territory of the Russian Federation provide for necessity of cooperation and consolidation of efforts in emergency response in this region.
Present-day reality influence the prioritizing: the more emphasis is granted to prevention measures, averting of emergency situations, early warning, preparing the population. Organization of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation gives opportunity to organize effectively emergency response resting upon Net of liaison officers using the Data Base of the Black Sea region rapid response forces and facilities.
“We recognize perfectly that only by joint efforts we can resist major natural and technogenic disasters and mitigate their effects. This is the reason why the emergency situations working group has set up Net of liaison officers, which can inform and warn, chain-like, all the countries about major disasters. In addition, it is possible if necessary to request and get help from neighboring states”, – stressed in his speech Andrey Popov, Deputy Head of Krasnodar Territory EMERCOM Main Office.
There are 12 the Black Sea littoral member-states in the Organization of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation.
More on the topic
- 11.07.2013 PABSEC General Assembly discusses tourism in Black Sea region
- 04.06.2013 Thanks to the Crimea Ukraine will head the BSEC working group on tourism – Ukrainian State Tourism Agency Chairman
- 03.06.2013 Joint Declaration of the Ministers Participating in the meeting of the Ministers in Charge of Economy of the BSEC Member States
- 24.05.2013 Ministers of Commerce of BSEC member states met in Yalta
- 02.01.2013 Ukraine in the OSCE will try to resolve long-standing conflicts - MFA
- 18.12.2012 Moldova welcomes strengthening of cooperation between BSEC and EU
- 17.12.2012 Turkey hands over BSEC presidency to Ukraine