Turkey to develop oil fields in Afghanistan
Turkish Minister for Energy and Natural Resources Taner Yildiz said that the Afghan government allowed Turkey’s petroleum company TPAO to take part in development of its oil fields, Trend reports.
Wahidullah Shahrani, Afghan Minister for Oil and Mining, said that Afghanistan had oil and gas fields.
TPAO and Dragon Oil (UAE) will start drilling exploration wells on the Afghan-Tajik Field in the northern part of Afghanistan.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 17.12.2013 Turkey to welcome Iraqi oil in new year
- 15.10.2013 They will start exploring for shale gas in Turkey already this month
- 25.09.2013 They started to carry out fracking in Turkey
- 24.09.2013 Turkey to supply gas to Greece
- 29.08.2013 Minister: Turkey to increase gas import from Azerbaijan and Iran
- 15.07.2013 No cut off in natural gas flow from Russia to Turkey
- 20.06.2013 Turkey agree to an Iran’s OPEC alternative
- 09.01.2013 Turkey to buy Libyan oil fields
- 02.01.2013 Turkish gas companies will sell gas inside the country