Turkish gas companies will sell gas inside the country
According to the new law «On the oil and gas», adopted by the Turkish Parliament, all companies, involved in gas extraction in Turkey, will be able to independently sell the extracted gas at the country’ domestic market.
At that, the gas supply to residential buildings by such companies is not allowed.
The law will come into effect on January 1, 2013, Day.az reports.
In addition to that, this law limits gas consumption by consumers from residential buildings. Each consumer will be able to use not more than 300 thousand cubic meters of gas a year.
Based on the results of 2011, annual gas production in Turkey was 674 million cubic meters.
English translation by BSN
More on the topic
- 17.12.2013 Turkey to welcome Iraqi oil in new year
- 15.10.2013 Turkey to develop oil fields in Afghanistan
- 15.10.2013 They will start exploring for shale gas in Turkey already this month
- 25.09.2013 They started to carry out fracking in Turkey
- 24.09.2013 Turkey to supply gas to Greece
- 29.08.2013 Minister: Turkey to increase gas import from Azerbaijan and Iran
- 15.07.2013 No cut off in natural gas flow from Russia to Turkey
- 20.06.2013 Turkey agree to an Iran’s OPEC alternative
- 09.01.2013 Turkey to buy Libyan oil fields