They started to carry out fracking in Turkey
Turkey has begun to carry out hydraulic fracturing operations to extract shale gas from the wells in the Thracian and southeastern regions, where 4.6 trillion cubic meters of reserves have been detected.
Energy Minister Taner Yıldız said there was shale gas potential in the Thracian, southeastern Anatolian, and inner Anatolian regions.
«[Turkey’s state-run energy company] TPAO had been working to extract the oil and the gas deeper there, which cannot be extracted in traditional ways, for the last four years. The company specifically focuses on the Thracian region and southeastern Anatolia. The operations will start in the old wells there to make them productive again by means of the hydraulic fracturing methods by the end of this year», – Yıldız said.
Adapted from Ukrainian Energy
More on the topic
- 17.12.2013 Turkey to welcome Iraqi oil in new year
- 15.10.2013 Turkey to develop oil fields in Afghanistan
- 15.10.2013 They will start exploring for shale gas in Turkey already this month
- 24.09.2013 Turkey to supply gas to Greece
- 29.08.2013 Minister: Turkey to increase gas import from Azerbaijan and Iran
- 15.07.2013 No cut off in natural gas flow from Russia to Turkey
- 20.06.2013 Turkey agree to an Iran’s OPEC alternative
- 09.01.2013 Turkey to buy Libyan oil fields
- 02.01.2013 Turkish gas companies will sell gas inside the country