Istanbul to launch Center for Islamic Financial Studies
The World Bank plans to open the first Center for Islamic Financial Studies outside US territory, the president of the Istanbul Stock Exchange, Ibragim Turhan, told the fourth Istanbul Financial Summit attended by heads of central banks and financial institutions of Europe, the Gulf, South-Eastern Asia, the US and Canada.
The center will open in Istanbul. Turhan said that the opening will be announced in Washington in October.
The official noted that the Istanbul Energy Exchange will open in late 2013.
The main topic of the two-day summit in Istanbul is the financing of sustainable development.
More on the topic
- 13.01.2014 Georgian National Bank not excludes the tightening of monetary policy
- 09.01.2014 Istanbul Exchange halts working
- 03.12.2013 Erdogan calls citizens minimize credit card usage
- 15.10.2013 Moldovan mayors demand that parliament adopt law on local public finance
- 09.08.2013 Armenia to issue eurobonds for first time
- 02.08.2013 National Bank of Ukraine advises not to trust money with Forex companies