Political representatives for Transnistrian conflict settlement meet in Tiraspol
A meeting between the Transnistrian conflict settlement political representatives on behalf Chisinau and Tiraspol, Eugen Carpov and Nina Shtanski, took place at the OSCE Mission’s headquarters in Tiraspol today. Attending the event were the international partners from the five-plus-two format, the bureau for reintegration has reported.
The sitting was held in the context of the organisation of a meeting between Prime Minister, Iurie Leanca and Transnistrian leader Yevgeny Shevchuk. The Moldovan side stressed the need and importance to organise such a meeting. Also, the participants in the event discussed aspects on the agenda of the next round of five-plus-two of negotiations, due in Brussels on 3 October.
In this respect, Eugen Carpov stressed the importance to maintain and boost activities in order to identify solutions to present problems within the established platforms, by observing the international principles and commitments.
"Maintaining dialogue at all levels is crucial for the settlement, as well as for strengthening the trust between both banks of Dniester. We are willing to discuss any problem emerged in the interaction between Chisinau and Tiraspol, and to jointly find the proper solutions in the interest of the residents, "said Eugen Carpov.
At the end of the meeting, the political representatives gave a news briefing.
Adapted from moldpres
More on the topic
- 28.11.2013 Three protocol decisions signed in Kiev negotiations
- 25.11.2013 Last 2013 round of talks on Transnistrian settlement to be held in Kiev
- 14.11.2013 Political representatives for Transnistrian conflict settlement meet in Tiraspol
- 01.11.2013 Moldovan, Transnistrian, top EU officials address breakaway region’s issue
- 04.10.2013 Brussels hosts fourth round of five-plus-two talks on Transnistrian settlement