Bulgaria - 65th biggest exporter globally
Bulgaria’s exports have been rising in recent years, making the country the 65th biggest exporter in the world, new data shows.
The Balkan country’s focus should be exporting specific products not the whole range of one particular sector, the Bulgarian Industrial Association said in an analysis.
Bulgaria is a leader in exporting fuels, metals, machine and electronic tools, cigarettes and pharmaceutical products, according to the analysis.
Bulgarian exports have risen considerably over the last and have not been hurt by the global economic crisis, it points out.
Bulgaria is the second biggest exporter of ore and precious metals concentrates on a global scale.
Bulgaria exports light petroleum derivatives primarily for Turkey, Georgia, Greece and Gibraltar; metals for China, Turkey, Italy and grains for European Spain, Italy, Romania, Greece, Lebanon and Egypt.
Iraq and Montenegro are the countries importing the most considerable amounts of cigarettes from Bulgaria.
Adapted from novinite
More on the topic
- 09.12.2013 Moldova goes up four positions on Forbes top of best countries for business
- 20.09.2013 Moldova moves up six positions in world top of free economies
- 18.09.2013 Bulgaria ranks 22th in Europe in terms of economic freedom
- 13.09.2013 Bulgaria is at the level of Ghana in property protection
- 11.09.2013 UN: Bulgarians are less happy than Afghans
- 27.08.2013 Moldova ranks 83rd among 178 countries in the failed states index 2013
- 29.07.2013 "Turkey rate rise shows responsiveness, risks remain": Fitch Ratings
- 17.07.2013 Moldova has largest number of ATMs of 29 states in Europe and Central Asia
- 15.07.2013 Fitch Affirms Bulgaria at 'BBB-', Outlook Stable
- 26.06.2013 Chisinau remains cheapest city for foreigners to live in – ECA International survey
- 19.06.2013 Moldova ranks 74th in Global Peace Index top