Bulgaria ranks 22th in Europe in terms of economic freedom
Bulgaria ranks 49th out of 151 countries included in the Economic Freedom of the World 2013 report of the Canadian Fraser Institute, distributed in Bulgaria by the Institute for Market Economics (IME ).
The leader of the ranking is Hong Kong, followed by Singapore , New Zealand and Switzerland. For 2013, Venezuela was found to be the country with the least economic freedom.
Bulgaria is ranked 49th with a score of 7.26 points out of maximum 10, which is a slight decrease compared to last year, when the country was ranked 47th with 7.30 points. In the EU, results vary from 7.89 points in Finland (7th rank) to 6.59 points for Slovenia (97th rank) . Bulgaria ranks 22nd among the EU countries.
The average score in the world rose to 6.87 out of the maximum 10 points compared to 6.74 last year.
Adapted from StandartNews
More on the topic
- 09.12.2013 Moldova goes up four positions on Forbes top of best countries for business
- 20.09.2013 Moldova moves up six positions in world top of free economies
- 13.09.2013 Bulgaria is at the level of Ghana in property protection
- 11.09.2013 UN: Bulgarians are less happy than Afghans
- 28.08.2013 Bulgaria - 65th biggest exporter globally
- 27.08.2013 Moldova ranks 83rd among 178 countries in the failed states index 2013
- 29.07.2013 "Turkey rate rise shows responsiveness, risks remain": Fitch Ratings
- 17.07.2013 Moldova has largest number of ATMs of 29 states in Europe and Central Asia
- 15.07.2013 Fitch Affirms Bulgaria at 'BBB-', Outlook Stable
- 26.06.2013 Chisinau remains cheapest city for foreigners to live in – ECA International survey
- 19.06.2013 Moldova ranks 74th in Global Peace Index top