Azeraijan, Russia to build bridge over Samur river
The Ministries of Transport of Azerbaijan and Russia signed a protocol on the reconstruction of the existing bridge and construction of the new bridge across the river Samur, the Azerbaijani Ministry of Transport reported on Wednesday.
According to the report, the protocol was signed during the meeting between Azerbaijan's Minister of Transport Ziya Mammadov and Russian Transport Minister Maksim Sokolov, in Samur border checkpoint.
"There was an exchange of views on construction of the new bridge and the reconstruction of the old bridge across the river Samur during the meeting, after which a relevant protocol was signed," the report said.
During the meeting the parties discussed the current state of relations between Azerbaijan and Russia in the sphere of transport, as well as the prospects of their development. Moreover, the parties discussed various aspects of bilateral cooperation.
Adapted from TODAY.AZ
More on the topic
- 04.10.2013 Azerbaijan, Russia sign paper to boost tourism ties
- 15.08.2013 Rosneft and SOCAR sign cooperation agreement
- 12.08.2013 Russian president to visit Azerbaijan
- 07.08.2013 Azerbaijan and Russia discuss defense industry cooperation
- 11.07.2013 SOCAR and Rosneft considering joint projects
- 07.05.2013 Azerbaijan and Russia to engage in practical issues of border demarcation
- 12.12.2012 Russia supports Azerbaijan's European Olympic bid
- 30.10.2012 Azerbaijan invests more than $500 million in Russia for 10 years