Azerbaijan and Russia to engage in practical issues of border demarcation
The Chairman of the State Committee for Land and Cartography of Azerbaijan, Garib Mammadov, said on May 6 that next week a state delegation will visit Russia to hold talks on border demarcation.
«We were invited to Russia from May 13 to 18 to discuss the demarcation. Preliminary talks will be held, and after that work on demarcation will start,» Mammadov said.
Talks on border demarcation with Georgia also continue. «Currently, we are waiting for an invitation from the Georgian side. Once they invite us, we will continue negotiations at commission level. We have 480 km of common border with Georgia, of which 300 km are agreed upon, and the remaining 180 km not,» Mammadov is quoted by Trend.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 04.10.2013 Azerbaijan, Russia sign paper to boost tourism ties
- 15.08.2013 Rosneft and SOCAR sign cooperation agreement
- 12.08.2013 Russian president to visit Azerbaijan
- 07.08.2013 Azerbaijan and Russia discuss defense industry cooperation
- 24.07.2013 Azeraijan, Russia to build bridge over Samur river
- 11.07.2013 SOCAR and Rosneft considering joint projects
- 12.12.2012 Russia supports Azerbaijan's European Olympic bid
- 30.10.2012 Azerbaijan invests more than $500 million in Russia for 10 years