Bulgaria's nuclear plant among World's Best
Bulgaria's sole nuclear power plant, Kozloduy, is among the world's best, Bulgarian nuclear expert Sergey Tsochev has declared.
Tsochev, chair of Bulgaria's Nuclear Regulation Agency, has told the Bulgarian National Radio that he is satisfied with the results of the International Atomic Energy Agency's three-week safety review of the nuclear power plant.
«The results of the mission are good and that will be made clear once the report is made public,» he said.
He clarified that the IAEA experts were invited by the Bulgarian government with the aim of receiving safety recommendations.
The International Atomic Energy Agency team recommended several improvements to Kozloduy. The recommendations include creating contingency plans for severe accidents.
Adapted from Novinite
More on the topic
- 25.11.2013 Bulgaria confirms plans to build NPP unit with US technology
- 08.10.2013 Bulgaria's Environment Ministry OKs EIA report on unit 7 of Kozloduy NPP
- 17.09.2013 Kodzloduy Hydropower plant starts functioning in NW Bulgaria
- 05.08.2013 Bulgarian Kozloduy NPP records net loss H1, 2013
- 29.11.2012 EIA contract signed in Kozloduy
- 21.11.2012 Insufficient compensation for ceased nuclear powers in Bulgaria
- 05.10.2012 Bulgaria's Kozloduy NPP to build 2nd emergency center