EIA contract signed in Kozloduy
A contract was signed in Kozloduy for the performance of an environmental impact assessment /EIA/ of the investment proposal for the construction of a 7th unit at the site of the Bulgarian Kozloduy NPP.
The overall value of the EIA project is some EUR 1 mln. /no VAT included/ and the deadline is up to 12 months. The EIA report should assess both the environmental impact and any possible cross-border impact from the construction of a new nuclear unit.
Adapted from Bulgarian National Radio
More on the topic
- 25.11.2013 Bulgaria confirms plans to build NPP unit with US technology
- 08.10.2013 Bulgaria's Environment Ministry OKs EIA report on unit 7 of Kozloduy NPP
- 17.09.2013 Kodzloduy Hydropower plant starts functioning in NW Bulgaria
- 05.08.2013 Bulgarian Kozloduy NPP records net loss H1, 2013
- 18.12.2012 Bulgaria's nuclear plant among World's Best
- 21.11.2012 Insufficient compensation for ceased nuclear powers in Bulgaria
- 05.10.2012 Bulgaria's Kozloduy NPP to build 2nd emergency center