Insufficient compensation for ceased nuclear powers in Bulgaria
Bulgaria will receive barely € 185 mln. as compensation for the stopped units of the Kozloduy NPP for the period 2014 – 2020.
That is a proposal of President of the European Council Herman Van Rompuy. He has prepared a compromise proposal for the multiannual financial framework of the EU, aiming to satisfy the demands of a series of member-states for reducing of expenses, without risking any key policies of the EU.
The document has not been officially spread, but was published by the French version of the EurActive website. Bulgaria insists for € 450 mln. for the stopped units of the Kozloduy NPP and the proposal of the EC was for EUR 208.5 mln.
Adapted from Bulgarian National Radio
More on the topic
- 25.11.2013 Bulgaria confirms plans to build NPP unit with US technology
- 08.10.2013 Bulgaria's Environment Ministry OKs EIA report on unit 7 of Kozloduy NPP
- 17.09.2013 Kodzloduy Hydropower plant starts functioning in NW Bulgaria
- 05.08.2013 Bulgarian Kozloduy NPP records net loss H1, 2013
- 18.12.2012 Bulgaria's nuclear plant among World's Best
- 29.11.2012 EIA contract signed in Kozloduy
- 05.10.2012 Bulgaria's Kozloduy NPP to build 2nd emergency center