19 Bulgarian districts alerted over strong winds
Code yellow for potentially dangerous weather has been declared on October 8 for 19 districts in Bulgaria.
Stormy winds are expected in the districts of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Lovech, Pleven, Veliko Tarnovo, Gabrovo, Ruse, Targovishte, Razgrad, Silistra, Shumen, Varna, Burgas, Dobrich, Plovdiv, Stara Zagora, Sliven and Yambol.
The weather is to remain windy for most of the day, especially in Northern Bulgaria and the country's easternmost regions, where the winds will reach velocities of between 18 and 23 meters per second.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
Adapted from Novinite
More on the topic
- 08.08.2013 Bulgaria to Broil on Thursday, Mercury Up to 38C
- 30.07.2013 13 Bulgarian regions on alert over dangerous heat on Tuesday
- 21.12.2012 Snow blizzards cause emergency situations in 12 Bulgarian Municipalities
- 31.10.2012 After the torrential rains situation in Bulgaria is getting better
- 29.10.2012 Code Red for torrential rainfalls in South Bulgaria