Development of wind and solar power beginning in Georgia
Minister of Energy is talking about the development of solar and wind power stations. A Memorandum on Cooperation in this field was signed on December 18 between the Georgian Energy Ministry and the American company Aeolus Apollo Alto Energy.
From the Georgian side the document will be signed by Energy Minister Kakha Kaladze and from American side by company Director Mukemmel Sarimsakci.
The agreement includes the establishment of a new company , which is a nationwide survey of 400 megawatts of wind and solar power potential - the development of the project. The company "Energy Development Fund" share 15% - defined as "Apollo aelus Alto Energy" - 85 % - up . In the first stage, the technical feasibility of wind and solar power plants - economic study will be carried out , after which construction will be determined for specific sites .
According to the agreement, a new company will be established in Georgia that will implement projects on construction in the country of solar and wind power stations with a capacity of up to 400 megawatts. The Georgian Energy Development Fund's share in the new company will be 15 per cent and Aeolus Apollo Alto Energy 85 per cent. At the first stage, a feasibility study of the construction of the new power plants will be prepared after which the company will proceed to the selection of areas for their construction.
Adapted from Сommersant
More on the topic
- 13.01.2014 Which areas of Azerbaijan better for alternative energy development?
- 25.11.2013 Azerbaijan to complete construction of several wind power plants in 2015
- 22.11.2013 Record volume of alternative energy received in Crimea
- 05.11.2013 Solar energy share to have high jump in Azerbaijan by 2020
- 25.09.2013 EBRD provides loan to build solar power plant in Odesa region
- 20.08.2013 UNESCO aides renewable energy development in Azerbaijan