Solar energy share to have high jump in Azerbaijan by 2020
The solar energy's potential in Azerbaijan is 5,000 megawatts, representative of the State Agency for Alternative and Renewable Energy Sources, Jamil Melikov said on Nov. 1 at a round table meeting.
According to him, the potential of wind energy in the country is 4,500 megawatts, biomass - 1,500 megawatts, geothermal and geothermic energy - 800 megawatts, and small hydro power plants - 350 megawatts.
The representative of the State Agency said the by 2020 the share of solar energy in the total amount of Azerbaijan's alternative energy is forecasted to reach 40 per cent, and wind power to reach 28 per cent.
Adapted from Today.az
More on the topic
- 13.01.2014 Which areas of Azerbaijan better for alternative energy development?
- 19.12.2013 Development of wind and solar power beginning in Georgia
- 25.11.2013 Azerbaijan to complete construction of several wind power plants in 2015
- 22.11.2013 Record volume of alternative energy received in Crimea
- 25.09.2013 EBRD provides loan to build solar power plant in Odesa region
- 20.08.2013 UNESCO aides renewable energy development in Azerbaijan