Azerbaijan to complete construction of several wind power plants in 2015
Construction of three wind power plants with a total capacity of 135.3 megawatts in Azerbaijan will be completed in 2015, the State Agency for Alternative and Renewable Energy Sources told on Nov.21.
According to the agency, in particular the construction of a large wind power plant with a capacity of 80 megawatts is being carried out at Pirikushkul in the Absheron region.
Moreover, two power plants with a capacity of 50 megawatt and 5.3 megawatt respectively, will be constructed in the villages of Yeni Yashma and Shurabad in Azerbaijan's Khizi region.
Alternative sources have been significantly developed in Azerbaijan in recent years.
Particularly, a draft national strategy for development of alternative and renewable energy sources by 2020 has been worked out as part of the alternative energy development in the country and is currently under negotiation.
Over $500 million was invested in the development of alternative and renewable energy sources in Azerbaijan.
Adapted from Today.az
More on the topic
- 13.01.2014 Which areas of Azerbaijan better for alternative energy development?
- 19.12.2013 Development of wind and solar power beginning in Georgia
- 22.11.2013 Record volume of alternative energy received in Crimea
- 05.11.2013 Solar energy share to have high jump in Azerbaijan by 2020
- 25.09.2013 EBRD provides loan to build solar power plant in Odesa region
- 20.08.2013 UNESCO aides renewable energy development in Azerbaijan