Margvelashvili names chief of his administration
President-elect Giorgi Margvelashvili said after taking office he will appoint Lasha Abashidze as chief of administration.
Abashidze was Margvelashvili’s election campaign fund manager and was in charge of finances.
Abashidze, who holds MA in public administration from Tbilisi-based Georgian Institute of Public Affairs in which Margvelashvili was a rector, served as chief of operations at the state-owned Georgian Railway in 2007-2010.
Adapted from civil.ge
More on the topic
- 16.12.2013 2014 state budget approved
- 06.12.2013 Georgia’s Prime Minister sets up Economic Council
- 04.11.2013 Garibashvili Named as Next PM
- 17.10.2013 What Government Intends to Do with the Parliament Building in Kutaisi?
- 06.09.2013 Parliament of Georgia adopts changes to Constitution limiting presidential powers
- 14.08.2013 Georgian authorities fire about 6,000 functionaries in four months
- 31.07.2013 Ivanishvili to abandon post on New Year eve