Clinton, Blair to address 10th Yalta Annual Meeting on Friday
Former U.S. President Bill Clinton and former British Prime Minister Tony Blair will address the 10th Yalta Annual Meeting, organized by the Yalta European Strategy (YES), on Friday, September 20, reads a statement posted on the official website of the organizer of the Yalta Annual Meeting (yes-ukraine.org).
"William Jefferson Clinton, Founder, Clinton Foundation; 42nd President of the United States (1993-2001), and Tony Blair, Patron, Tony Blair Faith Foundation; Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (1997-2007), will present their visions for designing the world of tomorrow during a panel discussion at the 10th Yalta Annual Meeting organized by the Yalta European Strategy (YES) in partnership with the Victor Pinchuk Foundation on Friday, September 20," reads the statement.
The 10th Yalta Annual Meeting "Changing Ukraine in a Changing World: Factors of Success" will take place at the historic Livadia Palace in Yalta, Ukraine, from September 19 to September 22, 2013. More than 250 leaders from politics, business, society and media representing 20 countries will discuss global challenges and their impact on Ukraine, Wider Europe and the world.
The forum will be attended by Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych, Ukrainian Prime Minister Mykola Azarov, Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt, European Commissioner for Enlargement and European Neighborhoods Policy Stefan Fule, former Polish President (1995-2005) and Chairman of the Board of YES Aleksander Kwasniewski, Interpol Secretary General Ronald Noble, former German Chancellor (1998-2005) Gerhard Schroeder, OSCE Secretary General Lamberto Zannier, former IMF Managing Director (2007-2011) Dominique Strauss-Kahn, former World Bank President (2007-2012) Robert Zoellick and other prominent politicians, businesspersons, economists and experts.
The 10th Yalta Annual Meeting will be streamed live at korrespondent.net and yes-ukraine.org in English and Ukrainian on September 20 and 21.
The official Twitter of the 10th Yalta Annual Meeting: @yes_ukraine, hashtag: #yalta2013.
Adapted from ukrinform.ua
More on the topic
- 20.09.2013 10th Yalta Annual Meeting kicks off in Crimea
- 15.09.2012 Egemen Bagis: To survive the crisis, Europe should enlarge
- 14.09.2012 YES. Dominique Strauss-Kahn at the 9th Yalta Annual Meeting: Economy Must Be "Re-started" in an Innovative Way
- 14.09.2012 The 9th Yalta Annual Meeting continues in the Livadia Palace, Ukraine
- 14.09.2012 YES: Viktor Yanukovych at the 9th Yalta Annual Meeting: Ukraine Joins Global Competition for Future
- 14.09.2012 The Yalta meeting’s plenary sessions have started in the Livadia Palace
- 13.09.2012 9th Yalta Annual Meeting «Ukraine and the World: Addressing Tomorrow’s Challenges Together» will take place