The 9th Yalta Annual Meeting continues in the Livadia Palace, Ukraine
The 9th Yalta Annual Meeting entitled “Ukraine and the World: Addressing Tomorrow’s Challenges Together” continues at the Livadia Palace in Yalta, Ukraine. During 13-16 September, 2012 about 200 political and business leaders from more than 20 countries, including Robert Zoellick, Dominique Strauss-Kahn, Condoleezza Rice, Gordon Brown, Alexei Kudrin, Alec Ross, Eric Lander, Kairat Kelimbetov, Carl Bildt, Javier Solana will discuss major global challenges and their impact on Europe, Ukraine and the world.
The plenary part of the 9th YES Annual Meeting on September 14 was opened by the Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych and the Prime Minister of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan. They discussed challenges which could affect the development of Ukraine and Turkey, as well as the future of a “Wider Europe” in the 21st century.
The discourse was moderated by Chairman of the YES Board and former President of Poland (1995-2005) Aleksander Kwasniewski.
The following sessions of the 9th YES Annual Meeting will be devoted to the future of the world economy, energy issues, security and new world order, possible models for the development of capitalism, the future of the European Union, the internal and external challenges of Ukraine.
Adapted from yes-ukraine.org
More on the topic
- 20.09.2013 Clinton, Blair to address 10th Yalta Annual Meeting on Friday
- 20.09.2013 10th Yalta Annual Meeting kicks off in Crimea
- 15.09.2012 Egemen Bagis: To survive the crisis, Europe should enlarge
- 14.09.2012 YES. Dominique Strauss-Kahn at the 9th Yalta Annual Meeting: Economy Must Be "Re-started" in an Innovative Way
- 14.09.2012 YES: Viktor Yanukovych at the 9th Yalta Annual Meeting: Ukraine Joins Global Competition for Future
- 14.09.2012 The Yalta meeting’s plenary sessions have started in the Livadia Palace
- 13.09.2012 9th Yalta Annual Meeting «Ukraine and the World: Addressing Tomorrow’s Challenges Together» will take place