Bulgartransgas plans to increase domestic gas consumption to 30% by 2020
With only 2.6% of all users, household natural gas consumption in Bulgaria is lagging behind the EU average of 30%.
Therefore, Bulgartransgas is planning to develop its transmission network via active investments in order to reach the 30% European average of domestic natural gas use by 2020, the company announced in its 10 years plan which it presented to the State Energy and Water Regulatory Commission.
This is the first document by the company that provides clarity and transparency about the long-term transmission network development plans of the company.
The plan foresees grand investments in the first 5 years. By the end of this year, the Silistra Region pipeline and the inter-collector link Ruse-Giurgiu will be both completed. Internal pipelines to Pirdop, to Svishtov and between Simitli and Bansko are also in their feasibility study phase. Their construction is to be paid from the next year's budget and and funding is sought from the Kozloduy International Fund.
Adapted from StandartNews
More on the topic
- 26.12.2013 Leaders negotiate direct flights between Sofia and Baku after signing gas agreement
- 27.09.2013 Plevneliev to Bloomberg: Bulgaria wants to reduce gas imports from Russia
- 06.02.2013 Sofia hosts first regional conference on Gas Perspectives
- 30.10.2012 Bulgarian Government plans to sign an agreement about South Stream project
- 11.10.2012 Bulgaria to grant new permit for oil, gas drilling in Black Sea