SOCAR completes construction of Abasha-Senaki gas pipeline in Georgia
Representatives of "the Neftegazstroy" Trust of the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR) in Georgia have completed the construction of a 29-km section of the pipeline between Abasha and Senaki, the press service of the company reports.
During the construction of the gas pipeline crossing the rivers Nogela, Tehura and Chevy, as well as various channels and highways, the requirements of international certificates were met, News-Georgia reports.
The tender for the construction of the Abasha-Senaki gas pipeline was announced in early 2012, withh agreement on the construction being signed in June of the same year.
To date, "Neftegazstroy" has already built several gas pipelines in Georgia, in particular, in the Marneuli and Bolnisi districts and in the cities of Dusheti and Kareli.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 15.10.2013 Georgia imported 90,200 tons of petroleum in September
- 02.09.2013 SOCAR opens new gas pipelines in Dmanisi and Marneuli regions of Georgia
- 30.07.2013 SOCAR to connect 4500 addresses to gas network
- 26.07.2013 SOCAR finishes another phase of Georgia's gasification
- 03.07.2013 Georgia agrees to expand South Caucasus gas pipeline