Eastern Europe urges Azerbaijan to support Nabucco West project
Presidents of Hungary, Austria, Romania and Bulgaria urged Azerbaijan to support the Nabucco West project in a letter to Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, Austrian President Hans Fischer said.
Slovakia hosted the Central European Summit last week.
The consortium developing Shah Deniz will decide the fate of the project in late June, choosing a route to deliver gas to Europe. The choice is between Nabucco West and TAP.
Fischer prefers Nabucco West because it would provide more energy resources and diversify gas supplies of the Central and Eastern Europe, regions dependent on Russian gas.
Turkey shares the views of the Eastern European presidents in this aspect.
Adapted from vestnikkavkaza
More on the topic
- 17.10.2013 FriedlNews: EU Commission Favors New Nabucco Project
- 05.09.2013 Nabucco Wast keeps significance - minister
- 30.08.2013 Romania emerges cool to Nabucco gas pipeline project
- 11.07.2013 Bulgaria's President: Nabucco-West Retains Strategic Importance
- 27.06.2013 Nabucco gas pipeline project to circumvent Bulgaria