SOCAR to start refinery construction in Turkey this year
President of he State Oil Company of the Azerbaijani Republic (SOCAR) Rovnag Abdullayev said that construction of the Star refinery in Turkey will start this year to launch it in 2016, Trend reports.
The facility will cost about $6 billion, 30% of which will be granted by shareholders. The refinery will provide materials for the Petkim industrial facility. Petkim needs about 1.66 million tons of oil, 80% of which is imported.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 12.11.2013 President of Azerbaijan arrives in Turkey for official visit
- 04.10.2013 SOCAR largest investor in Turkey
- 07.08.2013 Azerbaijan receives new passenger ship from Turkey
- 06.08.2013 Azerbaijan and Turkey team up for joint army
- 04.10.2012 Azerbaijan stops gas supplies from Shah Deniz to Turkey