Referendum on Belene NPP will take place within 3 months
A referendum on the future of the Belene NPP is to take place within the next 3 months, Bulgarian Minister of Economy Delyan Dobrev said in an interview for the Bulgarian National Radio.
The minister added that it was important for the National Assembly to define the right question to ask the citizens. This question must be in harmony with Bulgarian legislation, Minister Dobrev also said. The ruling party of GERB said that decision on Belene will not be taken until the referendum takes place.
No concrete date for it has been specified. During this week the Bulgarian parliament will discuss a project for establishing a committee that is to check for corruption practices related to the project of Belene in the past.
Adapted from Bulgarian National Radio
More on the topic
- 14.11.2013 Bulgaria looks for Western investor for its Belene NPP
- 07.10.2013 Mysterious fire in Russia burned documents for NPP Belene
- 23.09.2013 3 'Bosses' arrested in Bulgaria's energy fraud special ops
- 19.09.2013 Bulgarian PM Confident over Belene NPP Arbitration
- 09.09.2013 Bulgaria's rulers steady on path of reviving Belene NPP
- 21.08.2013 Bulgarian court orders Belene NPP reports of HSBC declassified
- 24.07.2013 Fate of Belene NPP to be decided by New Year
- 26.10.2012 Bulgarian parliament decided to hold a referendum on Belene NPP
- 02.10.2012 Bulgaria PM to freeze talks on Belene NPP until referendum
- 29.09.2012 American investment fund to invest $ 2 billion into Belene nuclear power plant
- 20.09.2012 U.S. pension fund wants to take part in constructing the Belene nuclear power plant