American investment fund to invest $ 2 billion into Belene nuclear power plant
American Investment Fund Quantum group is going to invest $ 2 billion into the project of the nuclear power plant construction in Belene, while the balance of € 8 billion will be given by other investors.
This has been informed to 24chasa.bg agency by Bogomil Manchev, the owner of «Risk Engineering» Company, representing Quantum group interests in Bulgaria.
According to assessments by the «Risk Engineering» experts, prognoses on the prime cost of electric power from the Belene nuclear power plant vary from 3.2 to 3.4 EURO cents per kilowatt-hour. This is a competitive price, allowing the repayment of investments into the project and making a profit.
English translation BSN
Adapted from Bulgarian news on-line
More on the topic
- 14.11.2013 Bulgaria looks for Western investor for its Belene NPP
- 07.10.2013 Mysterious fire in Russia burned documents for NPP Belene
- 23.09.2013 3 'Bosses' arrested in Bulgaria's energy fraud special ops
- 19.09.2013 Bulgarian PM Confident over Belene NPP Arbitration
- 09.09.2013 Bulgaria's rulers steady on path of reviving Belene NPP
- 21.08.2013 Bulgarian court orders Belene NPP reports of HSBC declassified
- 24.07.2013 Fate of Belene NPP to be decided by New Year
- 26.10.2012 Bulgarian parliament decided to hold a referendum on Belene NPP
- 04.10.2012 Referendum on Belene NPP will take place within 3 months
- 02.10.2012 Bulgaria PM to freeze talks on Belene NPP until referendum
- 20.09.2012 U.S. pension fund wants to take part in constructing the Belene nuclear power plant