Turkey concludes construction of camp for 20,000 Syrian refugees
Turkey concludes construction of a refugee camp at the Elbeyli District in the Kilis Province for 20,000 people to live in 3,600 containers.
The camp will have two mosques, two supermarkets, four schools, administrative buildings, warehouses, health centers.
The camp was built for $25.44 million. About 300,000 Syrian refugees have arrived in Turkey in over 2 years of the conflict.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 24.12.2013 Bulgaria's Refugee agency to be supplied with confiscated goods
- 14.11.2013 Germany starts sending back Syrian refugees back to Bulgaria
- 12.11.2013 BG – Turkish border: 2 policemen at every kilometer reduce number of illegal crossings
- 25.10.2013 Bulgarian army builds border fence with Turkey
- 18.10.2013 Bulgaria to curb Syrian influx with border fence
- 25.09.2013 Bulgarian Defense Minister denies border closure plans
- 24.09.2013 Turkey spent $2 billion on refugees
- 26.06.2013 200,012 Syrians in camps and 290,000 in cities currently live in Turkey
- 17.01.2013 Turkey has spent $360 million on Syrian refugees
- 16.10.2012 Number of Syrian refugees in Turkish camps exceeds 100,000