Georgia to repeat elections at 7 districts
The Georgian Central Electoral Commission has decided to repeat elections at 7 electoral districts. They will be held at the 5th polling station of Signakhi, 4th at Gori, 3rd, 8th, 10th, 45th and 46th at Khashuri on October 14, Trend reports.
The Georgian Dream coalition introduced 39 MPs and the United National Movement 33 according to the majority system. The final count of vote will be presented on October 20.
14 political parties and 2 political blocs took part in the elections on October 1. 77 MPs were elected according to lists and 73 according to single-mandate districts.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 28.10.2013 With votes at 3741 polling stations counted, Giorgi Margvelashvili has won 62.09%
- 20.09.2013 OSCE opens election observation mission in Georgia
- 23.08.2013 No referendum on early parliamentary elections in Georgia
- 13.08.2013 Chairman of Georgian Central Election Commission resigns
- 13.08.2013 Georgian CEC to decide fate of referendum for parliamentary polls
- 02.07.2013 Presidential Elections Set for October 31
- 09.10.2012 Ivanishvili and Saakashvili to have closed-door meeting
- 04.10.2012 98% Georgians living abroad voted for Saakashvili
- 03.10.2012 Ivanishvili calls on Saakashvili to resign
- 02.10.2012 Mikhail Saakashvili admits UNM failure and shift to opposition
- 02.10.2012 Bloc of Ivanishvili is leading in Georgian elections
- 01.10.2012 Georgia starts parliamentary polls