Bloc of Ivanishvili is leading in Georgian elections
According to the first exit polls, published after the voting was over, the opposition block of Bidzina Ivanishvili, «Georgian dream», is winning the parliamentary elections with 51% of the votes. According to a different survey, «Georgian Dream» gets 35% against 30% to the United National Movement of Saakashvili.
According to the VK reporter in Tbilisi, the bloc of Ivanishvili is very likely to win the elections according to the proportional system, but the party of Saakashvili will fight in the majority-vote constituencies.
The situation in Tbilisi is very tense, people are gathering outside, the bloc of Ivanishvili is ready to celebrate victory. However, if the results of the Central Electoral Committee differ from the
exit polls, it will be very difficult to maintain stability.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 28.10.2013 With votes at 3741 polling stations counted, Giorgi Margvelashvili has won 62.09%
- 20.09.2013 OSCE opens election observation mission in Georgia
- 23.08.2013 No referendum on early parliamentary elections in Georgia
- 13.08.2013 Chairman of Georgian Central Election Commission resigns
- 13.08.2013 Georgian CEC to decide fate of referendum for parliamentary polls
- 02.07.2013 Presidential Elections Set for October 31
- 12.10.2012 Georgia to repeat elections at 7 districts
- 09.10.2012 Ivanishvili and Saakashvili to have closed-door meeting
- 04.10.2012 98% Georgians living abroad voted for Saakashvili
- 03.10.2012 Ivanishvili calls on Saakashvili to resign
- 02.10.2012 Mikhail Saakashvili admits UNM failure and shift to opposition
- 01.10.2012 Georgia starts parliamentary polls