Minister: Bulgaria’s track to the euro will start in 2015
Bulgaria can take the first steps to enter the eurozone during the term of this government, it became clear from the words of the Minister of Finance Peter Chobanov, Standart daily reports.
According to the minister, with a good development rate, the stabilization of the economy and its sustainable and satisfactory growth in 2015, Bulgaria will be able to start the application procedures for the introduction of the single European currency.
The first indications of this growth are already present, Chobanov noted. For the third quarter, Bulgaria's GDP growth was 1.5 %, which is the best figure for the past eight quarters.
The Finance Minister said that since taking office, his main goal has been to support business and economic development through fiscal policy instruments. This was successful, since as it became clear on Thursday, the income tax collected is about BGN 200 million more than expected, the minister informed.
According to Deputy Finance Minister Lyudmila Elkova it is possible that by the end of the year there will be an overachievement in corporate income tax revenues budgeted for 2013.
More on the topic
- 13.11.2013 BG President: Bulgaria is not Russia's Trojan horse in the EU
- 23.07.2013 PM Oresharski: Bulgaria Last by EU Funding among Member States
- 09.07.2013 European Commission Opens Proceedings against Bulgarian Energy Holding
- 03.07.2013 Brussels Seriously Concerned over Rule of Law in Bulgaria
- 01.07.2013 Bulgaria Faces Fine of BGN 9000 a Day over Delayed Implementation of EU's 3rd Energy Package