Russian airlines increased passenger transportation by 14.5% in January-September
According to preliminary data, airlines of Russia increased passenger transportation by 14.5% in January-September 2013 as compared with the same period of the previous year to 65.140 million people, the RF Agency for Air Transport (Rosaviatsiya) said.
In this period, the passenger turnover grew by 15.7% to 172.576 billion passenger-kilometres.
In 9 months the airlines transported 730,300 tons of mail and freight, 1.6% more than in the same period of 2012. The cargo turnover reduced by 1% to 3.684 billion tonne-kilometres.
In September, passenger transportation grew by 8.4% to 8.453 million people. The passenger turnover increased by 5.2% year-on-year to 21.319 billion passenger-kilometres.
Adapted from rzd-partner.com
More on the topic
- 20.09.2013 Aeroflot to create «hard» low-cost carrier with seats like those in commuter trains
- 09.08.2013 S7 Group bought out “Siberia” Airlines from the Government
- 09.08.2013 Orenburg Airlines to fly from Sochi to London and Zurich
- 01.08.2013 “Aeroflot” to invest $100 million into the Ryanair-model low-cost development
- 02.07.2013 “Aeroflot” is ready to establish a low-cost company in 2014