Abdullah Gul: BTK project to give new impetus to region's development
Turkish President Abdullah Gul, speaking at an international forum in Istanbul, said that due to the transport and energy projects implemented jointly by Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georgia, the Caspian region will become of strategic importance.
The railway project Baku-Tbilisi-Kars contributes to the creation of a single transport corridor from Beijing to London, the president said.
"Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway project is a link of the "Silk Road", which aims to change the world trade balance. Together with our colleagues from Azerbaijan and Georgia we are working hard to ensure that in a short time the construction is completed," Trend quotes the president. He also noted that the railway will be completed next year.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 02.08.2013 BTK tunnel construction to start on Turkish-Georgian border
- 04.07.2013 Turkish minister: Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway project to be completed in 2014
- 25.06.2013 Azerbaijan, Turkey, Georgia to discuss Baku-Tbilisi-Kars Railway construction
- 05.02.2013 Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway to be completed by the end of the year
- 27.12.2012 Georgian PM changes his stance on Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway project
- 04.10.2012 Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan want part in Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project