Danube Bridge 2 traffic already heavy
Ten days after the opening of Danube Bridge 2 connecting Vidin in Bulgaria with Calaft in Romania, traffic along the facility is already heavy.
Hundreds of Romanians and Bulgarians pass over the bridge every day – either on foot, riding bikes or driving cars. The turnovers of retail chains in Vidin has doubled as many Romanians come to do the groceries there.
In the meantime, cars with Vidin registrations have crowded parking lots in Calaft. By end-June passing Danube Bridge 2 is free of charge.
Adapted from Radio Bulgaria
More on the topic
- 14.10.2013 Pothole gaps brand new Bulgaria-Romania Danube Bridge
- 30.07.2013 Bulgarian Govt Plans to Finish 'Hemus' HWY by 2018
- 23.07.2013 Bulgaria Launches 14km Section of Struma Highway
- 17.06.2013 Toll set for new Romania – Bulgaria bridge opening
- 02.11.2012 Chinese company will connect Adriatic Sea with the Black by motorway