World Snow Day in Romania
Sunday, January 20th 2013 the World Snow Day would be celebrated around the world. The event is a part of the «Bring the Children to the Snow» program, and it's organized by the International Ski Federation.
Bellow is the schedule offered by some of the Romanian ski resorts on the Word Snow Day.
Azuga (Sorica slope)
- 14.00 – 16.00: free ski lessons, including free lift passes, provided by 6 ski instructors
- at the end of the event we will be hosting a guided descent (competition) with gifts and prizes
- free ski equipment rentals during the ski lessons
- snowman making contest with prizes
- fun competitions
- snow ball fights
- toboggan rides
Progressive Sports ski school will offer free ski lessons for children, free snow tubing and alpine ski race, ski contest with prizes, special ski pass prices, special equipment rental prices, photo/video competition and other surprises as well.
Maramures Ski Instructors Association (Asociatia Monitorilor de Schi din Maramures) will offer free ski lessons, ski and snowmen contests with prizes, and it'll do demonstrations of snowboarding, freestyle and cross-country skiing.
- Free snow tubbing for kids offered by Banu Center (09 am - 10 am, 6 pm - 7 pm)
- Free ski lessons for kids offered by Euroski Ski School (10 am - 11 am)
- Free skilift access for kids on Veverita slope (12 pm - 1 pm)
- Free snowboard lessons offered by Euroski Ski School (1 pm - 2 pm)
- Mascots Ski Cup on Parc slope, only for 4-6 years old kids (2 pm - 3 pm)
- Free ski lessons for kids and adults offered by Euroski Ski School (3 pm - 4 pm)
- Free ski equipment rental for kids offered by Banu Rental Center (3 pm - 4 pm, 4 pm - 5 pm)
- Free skilift access for kids and adults on Veverita slope (5 pm - 6 pm)
Adapted from SKI-in-Romania.com