EU prepares a plan of negotiations on visa system liberalization with Georgia
Tornike Gordadze, the acting State Minister on European and Euro-Atlantic Integration of Georgia, has conducted a meeting with Stefano Manservisi, the European Commission Home Affairs Director General.
The parties have discussed the process of visa system liberalization. Georgia is expected to get the action plan in December.
Stefano Manservisi has stated that negotiations on the visa system would be also continued with the new Georgian Government.
«We have witnessed a number of significant changes in Georgia, and it all happened in a democratic way. Much has been done by the former Government in terms of reforms and our common goals. This is a strong foundation for our collaboration with the new Government in order to achieve Visa Liberalization as soon as possible», – Mr. Manservisi has indicated.
English translation BSN
Adapted from Georgia Online
More on the topic
- 03.12.2013 Former Ambassador of Georgia to the EU : Ongoing developments in Ukraine could be repeated in Georgia
- 30.10.2013 New president heads Georgian delegation in Vilnius summit
- 01.10.2013 EU Political and Security Committee on Georgia Visit
- 26.09.2013 German Chambers Union - “Georgian business climate at risk”
- 26.07.2013 EU Hails 'Substantive Completion' of Association Agreement Talks with Georgia
- 24.07.2013 EU, Georgia Conclude Free Trade Talks
- 04.07.2013 Georgia in OSCE PA's Istanbul Declaration
- 08.04.2013 EU and Georgia to sign preliminary agreement on associate membership in November
- 29.01.2013 EU to finance 15 NGOs aimed at protecting human rights in Georgia