Growth of GDP for the first half of 2012 year in Georgia totaled 7.5 percent
Gross Domestic Product of Georgia in the second quarter of 2012 amounted to GEL 6 384.1 mil. at current prices(1 dollar = 1,65 GEL).
Geostat informs that real growth of GDP of Georgia in Q2 2012 reached 8.2 percent year-on-year.
The deflator fell by 0.1 percent.
In accordance with Georgia data for the first half of 2012 the real growth of Gross Domestic Product equaled 7.5 percent, deflator -0,7%.
Regarding the branches of economy increase in industry and trade amounted to 16,6%, in public administration – 7%, in transport and communication – 11,5%, in agriculture, fishing– 8,6%, in health care – 5,9%.
Adapted from: Business Грузия
More on the topic
- 13.01.2014 Gov’t forecasts growth in 2014 at 5 %
- 13.11.2013 EBRD cuts economic growth forecast for Georgia’s economy from 3 to 2%
- 14.10.2013 IMF predicts gowth of unemployment in Georgia
- 25.09.2013 EBRD Advices Georgia’s gov’t to be more active to attract investments
- 19.08.2013 Georgia remittances USD 136.4 mln in July
- 01.07.2013 Geostat Reports Zero GDP Growth in May
- 29.10.2012 Georgian seafarers may get back their right to work at European vessels